High luminous efficacy
After improvement the luminous efficacy of LED light reaches 50-200 lumen/watt. Besides LED light features great light monochromaticity, thin light spectrum, and capability of emitting visible light without filtering as well as transforming 90% of electric power to visible light(corresponding transformation ratio for regular filament lamps is merely 20%, with 80% transformed into heat).
Low energy consumption
The power of a single LED energy-efficient lamp is 0.03-0.06W, with DC driven voltage of 1.5-3.5V and current of 15-20mA. To achieve the same luminous power, LED light consumes one of a dozen the electricity that a filament lamp consumes, and half the electricity consumed by a florescent light. Only a few kilowatt-hour of electricity is consumed for execution of the LED light for 1000 hours(a regular 60W filament lamps consumes 1 kilowatt-hour in 17 hours, while a regular 10W energy saving light consumes 1 kilowatt-hour in 100 hours).
Long service life
LED uses semi-conductor chip for light emission instead of using filament; it has small size, light weight and silica gel sealing to afford high intensity mechanic impact and vibration without rupture. As a result, the average service life of LED light reaches 100,000 hours (1000 hours for regular filament lights, and 8000 hours for regular energy-saving lights), leading to 5-10 years in service.
High security & reliability
- Light emitted by LED does not contain ultraviolet and infrared light, generating no radiation.
- LED is a cold light source that features low heat generation, so it is safe to touch the light.
- LED is capable of precisely controlling light pattern and beam angle, and generating gentle light without glares.
- LED is an all-solid illuminant body; it therefore features vibration and impact endurance and is hard to break.
- LED has embedded microprocessor to control luminous power and adjust luminating methods.
LED does not contain mercury, sodium and other substances that endanger our health, and is thus recyclable. It also generates no electromagnetic interference. (mercury and sodium are present in filaments, and EMI will be generated in the electronic ballast resistor of regular energy-saving lamps)